**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Start date: January 15, 2018
The Supervisor, Accounts Payable is accountable for the timely and accurate operation of the accounts payable function within the College. This position implements, administers, maintains and evaluates the College’s accounts payable systems, ensuring compliance with government regulations and College policies. In addition, the Supervisor oversees, reviews, and directs the work of accounts payable staff.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a two year business diploma, preferably in accounting or finance from an accredited post-secondary institution OR the completion of Level 2 of a professional accounting program (i.e., CGA).
- Four (4) years of recent accounts payable experience in an integrated computerized environment and/or related accounting functions in a complex, high-volume environment. Supervisory experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounts payable systems (i.e. Banner) and experience with the management and maintenance of accounts payable systems.
- Intermediate proficiency of spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory and other regulations governing accounts payable, commodity taxes, accounting and fiscal procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all College personnel.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing and assigning work.
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to meet changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to recommend and implement new strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to enter data or information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keyboarding: 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,821.02- $2,067.33 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 23)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlised candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: January 16, 2018
Competition No.: C007-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.