Temporary, Part-Time (0.25 FTE)
Dates: January 1, 2018 to April 30, 2018
Under general guidance from the Coordinator, Film Arts, the Studio Technician provides technical and post-production support to Film Arts students and instructors. This position also provides assistance in the preparation, acquisition, and maintenance of Film Arts studio equipment and technologies. The Studio Technician may assist in related projects and perform other related duties.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 completion plus one year of specialized post-secondary training in film production, film arts, media arts, or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience as a film studio technician or similar position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with high definition video cameras and non-linear editing systems.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to produce video projects to a professional standard.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and members of the public.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of the team.
- Proven ability to operate related equipment and software applications.
- Must be proficient in the use of Black Magic Cameras and lens packages, Roland 44 mixer sound equipment, PhotoShop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, Sound Track Pro, After Effects, DVD Studio, create and output DCP files for screenings, Pro Tools, and Final Cut Pro X editing software.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of this position.
- Have high mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Candidate must be able and willing to maintain flexible hours as required.
- Occasional heavy lifting is required.
- Occasional use of stationary and portable power tools.
Salary Range: $23.53 - $26.78 Hourly (Pay Grade 20)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlised candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: December 20, 2017
Competition No.: C230-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.