Permanent, Full Time
Start date: As soon as possibile
This position provides day-to-day support and coordination for the Student Engagement Centre (SEC) and serves to strengthen the overall student experience by providing organizational and/or promotional support for co-curricular and campus life opportunities and activities. This position is also responsible for the coordination and implementation of small and large scale events that help students make a successful transition into (or back to) college (e.g. New Student Orientation, Parent Orientation). As a front line member of the SEC, this position also provides general information and referral service so as to ensure students locate and access the resources and support that they require.
Education & Experience
- Two-year diploma program related to business, public administration, or other community oriented field.
- Two (2) years of recent related student services experience in an educational setting with program development, planning, and delivery of services/programs and workshops, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience in student program administration with proficient understanding of student success and engagement programs preferred.
- Knowledge in the use of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), e-mail and Internet searching.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Work independently as well as a member of team to provide information, assistance and related services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Ability to research, design and present program information.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Intermediate proficiency to operate software applications within a Windows environment (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Ability to maintain web pages using a content management system would be an asset.
- Keyboarding: 40 wpm
Salary Range: $1,706.59 - $1,950.86 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: January 30, 2018
Competition No.: C013-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.