INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Start Date: As soon as possible to August 31, 2017 with the possibility of extension
The Scheduling Assistant facilitates the efficient utilization of the College’s instructional space (classrooms, lecture theatres, labs, etc.) through Regular Studies semester course scheduling, and room allocation for both Regular Studies and Continuing Studies courses, as well as non-scheduled space (“ad-hoc”) requests, and short-term bookings.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 graduation plus two years of post-secondary education in arts and sciences, communications, business, office administration, or a related area.
- Two years of recent related experience working within an educational environment using a large integrated database such as Banner and providing customer service, preferably within a Registrar’s office.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling courses, exams, space, or event planning.
- Knowledge of Langara College policy, procedures and programs, as well as student services is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-native English speakers with varying degrees of English proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance, and related services to the public, faculty, staff, and students in a tactful, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve and take initiative to resolve problems.
- Ability to enter data accurately with a minimum 50 wpm.
- Ability to maintain confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries, and the ability to stay focused over prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to adapt easily to meet the different staffing needs of Records, Registration, and Scheduling.
Salary Range: $1,656.00 - $1,884.18 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 20)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: July 31, 2017
Competition No.: C140-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.