Dates: As soon as possible to January 22, 2019
Under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar, Continuing Studies, the Registration Clerk performs duties related to registrarial processes that include student registration, student records and responding to registration inquiries. Additionally, this position provides clerical assistance to Program Managers, Coordinators and Instructors in designated programs. Performs cashier duties using a computerized POS system. Position performs related duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 including some general business or office administration courses.
- One (1) year of recent related customer service or office experience, preferably in a post secondary environment. Experience working with ESL students an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Recent experience using an integrated information systems (e.g. Banner, SAP), preferably in large corporate setting.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of computer applications including: word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), email and internet browsers.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective oral, written and communications skills. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty and students, and external contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency with English language and ability to communicate in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to operate various related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, fax machines and POS units.
- Demonstrated ability to compose routine correspondence, generate materials and documents.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and provide effective and appropriate information and assistance to the public, faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to process cash, credit and Interac transactions accurately.
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide effective and courteous customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Keyboarding skills of 50 wpm.
- Ability to work in an open office structure with close proximity to others.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends (Saturdays).
Salary Range: $1,465.81 - $1,656.00 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 16)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 11:00am – 7:15pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am to 4:45pm on Friday. However, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: January 10, 2018
Competition No.: C005-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.