Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Dates: May 1, 2019
The Records and Registration Advisor is responsible for service-oriented Records and Registration advising, instructions and guidance to prospective and current students, internal staff, or external parties in registrarial matters in relation to the incumbent’s specialized field. This position maintains current knowledge of College registrarial procedures or policies, legislative changes, educational trends and practices in Canada and internationally, in order to provide current and accurate information and advice to current and prospective students. The Advisor relies upon in depth knowledge and broad knowledge of other RES units in order to impart guidance to junior team members in matters of systems, guidelines, or unique circumstance requiring exceptional decision making. Each Advisor may be paired with an Assistant or work within a matrix model whereby s/he leads a particular function, project, or client group. The Advisor coordinates and executes the main activities of the business unit’s core function and the development, delivery and maintenance of the unit’s processes, procedures, or policies. This position collaborates to coordinate and execute RES changes, events, or projects.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a two-year diploma or an associate’s degree in a related discipline.
- Four (4) years of related experience providing one-on-one consultative support and advising to post-secondary students, preferably in a Registrar’s Office.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with an integrated student record system (e.g. Banner).
- Knowledge of post-secondary policy and procedures, programs and registrarial processes.
- Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines when encountering conflicting demands, and working under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, respond to enquiries and provide information, assistance and related services to the general public, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to investigate and listen in order to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to work with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent ability to maintain collegiality, team work and a respectful workplace environment
- Ability to foster effective communication and teamwork among employees, facilitating understanding of individual, team, and organizational goals
- Ability to ensure that all employee and customer interactions are respectful, service focused, and collegial
- Ability to support RES team in change management which may include enhancing activities that drive change in collaboration with the change team
- Excellent ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent ability to exercise judgement, diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Intermediate level in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation (Power Point), and email.
- Ability to achieve a keyboarding speed of 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,888.22 - $2,143.62 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 23)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:15pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C051-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on May 7, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.