Dates: As soon as possible
The Records and Registration Assistant is responsible for investigating and resolving routine and complex student registration issues, as well as providing appeals, scheduling, records, and registration information to students, faculty, staff and the public. This position reviews online registration-related web content for accuracy and provides Supervisor, Records & Registration with recommendations for revisions. This position provides back-up coverage for other staff members of the Records, Registration and Scheduling unit.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 plus one year of post-secondary education in arts and sciences, communications, office administration, or related areas. Education to include training in computerized software applications and integrated information systems.
- Two years of recent related experience working within an educational environment using an integrated on-line system such as Banner and providing customer service, preferably within a Registrar’s office.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing the admission of students in post-secondary institutions.
- Knowledge of programs, courses and student services offered at Langara College.
- Knowledge of prerequisite, transfer credit, and advance standing practices.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and email.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-native English speakers with varying degrees of English proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance, and related services to the public, faculty, staff, and students in a tactful, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to enter data accurately with a minimum 40 wpm.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries, and the ability to stay focused over prolonged periods.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to adapt easily to meet the different staffing needs of Records, Registration, and Scheduling.
Salary Range: $1,601.04 - $1,821.02 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 19)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: October 17, 2017
Competition No.: C181-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce..