INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Dates: June 5, 2019 – September 13 - 2019
This position provides procurement support to the Manager, Purchasing and Buyers of the Purchasing Department. This position acts as the first contact for, employees, and vendors providing general information related to Purchasing operations. Provides assistance related to a variety of services that the Purchasing Department delivers and processes. Retrieves, reviews, enters, and maintains a large amount of purchasing information in the computerized purchasing system.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of grade 12 supplemented by over one year of additional specialized training in purchasing, accounting, or operations management.
- One year (1) related purchasing support experience, preferably in the public or education sector. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of an automated purchasing system, such as Banner, would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, accounting, record keeping, modern office practices and procedures relating to purchasing.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, students, and employees to explain department policies, regulations and practices.
- Ability to prepare, maintain and process a variety of moderately complex office records, reports and files in accordance with prescribed practices and proceduresbility to make routine decisions in accordance with departmental rules and regulations and to perform a variety of clerical duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to compose non-routine correspondence, reports and related material independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service that demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Computer skills must include sound knowledge and experience in MS Office Suite applications including Word and Excel, internet navigation, email and electronic calendars.
- Keyboarding minimum 50wpm.
Salary Range: $1,612.19 - $1,826.56 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 18)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C064-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on May 23, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.