Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: August 26, 2019
In conjunction with the Artistic Director and Associate Directors, the Publicity and Administrative Coordinator, Studio 58 is responsible for recruiting students into the Theatre Arts at Studio 58 Programs. This position is also responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote the Studio 58 Theatre Arts Programs and Studio 58 theatre productions. This role performs related administrative functions for Studio 58 and is responsible for the efficient operation of the front-of-house and box office functions including developing and implementing policies and procedures.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- 3 year Community College Diploma in Communications, Marketing, or in a related field or completion of Grade 12 plus additional specialized training of over 3 and up to 4 years in administration, marketing, and the performing arts.
- Over four (4) years of related experience in administration, marketing, promotions, and publicity including experience working in the performing arts.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- A demonstrated proficiency in English and the ability to effectively communicate tactfully, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative marketing theatrical campaigns.
- Proficiency in social media, web maintenance, Word, Excel, Adobe, and related applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students and the general public.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others, providing clear and accurate information.
- Organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to monitor and comply with budget requirements.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and long hours especially during peak periods leading up to theatre performances, including evenings and weekends.
- Use of personal vehicle is helpful.
Salary Range: $2,093.82 - $2,411.93 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 26)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department and may include evening and weekend shifts. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C084-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 12, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.