INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As Soon As Possible (3 Year Term)
The ERP Projects Associate assists with the planning and execution of the ERP Program; provides support to IT and Business Unit user groups; provides specialized communications support for the ERP Program; provides support in the development of Program policies and procedures according to the work performance standards set by the College. Responsible for preparing training materials/manuals as needed for the ERP Program team.
Education & Experience
- Two-year diploma from a recognized institution in computer science, business administration, communications or related discipline.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in IT.
- Experience in writing, editing and formatting technical guides, process and procedural documents, and other materials for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering training programs and classes.
- Experience in providing technical support to users.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, desktop publishing, and web content publishing.
- Experience with productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience with writing, editing and formatting formal policy and procedure documents, an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage to deadlines and within organizational constraints
- Ability to take ownership and proactively complete tasks as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization. Effective presentation communication skills and ability to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and action when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters; ability to maintain tact and discretion.
- Ability to learn and understand broad knowledge of current and new technologies and practices in information systems.
- Ability to describe technical concepts to users and train users on applications and computer-related equipment.
- Ability to determine and provide technical support advice and corresponding client-centered services.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical documentation.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to keep IT skills and knowledge up to date.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Salary Range: $1,730.48 - $1,978.17 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Closing Date: February 21, 2018
Competition No.: C028-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.