Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: October 14, 2019 to August 31, 2021
The ERP Projects Associate provides administrative support with the planning and execution of the Enterprise Resource Program (ERP). This position provides specialized communications support for the ERP Program; provides support in the development of Program policies and procedures according to the work performance standards set by the College. Additionally, this position provides minimal support to IT and Business Unit user groups. Will be involved in preparation of some training materials/manuals as needed for the ERP Program team.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Two-year diploma from a recognized institution in business administration, communications, information technology, or related discipline.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in project management administration and support.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or formal project management training would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with maintaining complex Microsoft project plans.
- Experience in supporting the development and delivery of user training programs and classes.
- Some experience in providing technical support to users.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, desktop publishing, and web content publishing.
- Experience with productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Confluence or JIRA.
- Experience with writing, editing and formatting formal policy and procedure documents, an asset.
- Experience in writing, editing and formatting technical guides, process and procedural documents, and other materials for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills including multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage to deadlines and within organizational constraints
- Ability to take ownership and proactively complete tasks as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization. Effective presentation communication skills and ability to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and action when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters; ability to maintain tact and discretion.
- Ability to learn and understand broad knowledge of current and new technologies and practices in information systems.
- Ability to describe technical concepts to users and train users on applications and computer-related equipment.
- Ability to determine and provide technical support advice and corresponding client-centered services.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical documentation.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to keep IT skills and knowledge up to date.
- Capacity to work harmoniously and collaboratively with others.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines. May be required to work some non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
- Vacation time will need to coincide with project cycle(s) and low service periods.
- Position is not subject to the compressed work schedule.
Salary Range: $1,769.57 - $2,022.85 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C133-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 30, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.