INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Start Date: As soon as possible
This position provides programming, analysis, design, and operations systems support for the College according to established policies, practices and standards. This position participates in a broad range of projects such as the College Administrative systems, College portal, and instructional support software such as the Course Management Systems, Blogs, and Wikis.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Two (2) years Community College Diploma in Computing Studies with specific training in systems development, programming, networking, and hardware.
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ recent related experience in C++ or Java, HTML, SQL, Oracle, PERL/CGI, Windows XP, Unix/Linux, and common microcomputer packages such as MS Office and providing user support in an IT environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of modern systems analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation techniques, procedures, standards and development environments.
- Knowledge of integration and implementation processes.
- Knowledge of computer networking and Internet concepts.
- Training and experience in relational database theory and practice, the Oracle database and its tools.
Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to effectively:
- Meet with clients and define their requirements.
- Write detail specifications for proposed systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of enhancements.
- Diagnose problems with existing systems.
- Design new programs or modifications to old programs from design specifications.
- Write computer programs and make maintenance changes to existing programs.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans for new programs and enhancements.
- Provide advice and support to users on the use and operation of application systems.
- Assist in planning and implementation of software releases.
- Operate computer applications such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and Web and portal application software in a Windows/Unix/Linux environment.
- Organize and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Communicate with others [verbally and in writing]; explaining technical concepts to clients.
- Contribute to the improvement of department services and operations.
- Work both independently and as a member of a committee or team.
- Work harmoniously with others.
- Perform duties to meet established policies, practices and standards.
Salary Range: $2,514.75 - $2,796.00 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade E - IT)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 37.5 hours of work per week between 8:30am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Competition No.: C036-18
Closing Date: 4:30 pm on March 16, 2018
Application Information: Please read the following carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.