Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: September 9, 2019
The Program Assistant, Management Programs provides day-to-day assistance to the operational activities required to deliver Management programs. The Program Assistant provides administrative support for the Post-Degree Diploma and Nutrition & Food Services Management and may also assist with the operational activities of other LSM programs and events.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 or high school completion supplemented by one (1) year of specialized training in office administration, business or a related discipline.
- Two (2) years of related office experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment. Experience working with International students an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Recent experience using an integrated information system (e.g. Banner), preferably in a post-secondary setting.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in the use of computer applications including: word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), email and internet browsers.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with non-native English speakers with varying degrees of English proficiency.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, students and external contacts.
- Ability to operate various related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Demonstrated ability to compose routine and non-routine correspondence and to generate materials and documents.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines while making responsible decisions within established guidelines
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proactive approach to facilitating day-to-day program and office operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and provide effective and appropriate information and assistance to the public, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to maintain a strict standard of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and able to perform multi-step tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Keyboarding skills of minimum 40 wpm.
- Ability to work in an open office structure with close proximity to others.
- Ability to work flexible hours and evenings.
- Vacation is restricted during peak periods.
Salary Range: $1,612.19 - $1,826.56 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 18)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C109-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on August 16, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.