Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Start date: March 15, 2019
Reporting to the Division Chair, this position provides program advising and assistance to current and prospective students seeking courses and program information in the Langara School of Management (“LSM”). In addition, this position engages in marketing and promotional activities for the LSM Advising Team. The individual works closely with the LSM leadership team and provides administrative support to the School of Management Chairs and Coordinators.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Two (2) year diploma in a related field such as business, marketing, or human resources. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four (4) years recent related experience providing academic advising and direct services to post-secondary students in an educational setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience working with admissions requirements, registration procedures, course transfer policies, course prerequisites, student support services, financial aid and general college policies, considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills using computer applications including word processing (MS Word), WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Cascade.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with tact, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent English skills
- Proven organization, prioritization, time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Proven presentation skills and interviewing techniques.
- Accurate keyboarding skills (50 wpm).
- Ability to write, revise and proofread promotional materials.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate with sensitivity when dealing with students requiring special assistance or accommodation.
Salary Range: $1,795.14 - $2,057.81 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C013-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on February 6, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.