Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover) will not be considered.
Dates: As soon as possible to December 31, 2020
Under general direction from the PSL Project Lead, this position provides clerical support in the program administration of the Peer Supported Learning Program. The PSL Assistant supports the administration of PSL Student Facilitators by organizing their recruitment, orientation and onboarding, training, ongoing support and coordination of their assignments and resources.
The Peer Supported Learning Program is a pilot project to provide for informal study session led by a senior student who has taken that particular course or program before.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by one (1) year of business administration or similar from a recognized college.
- Two (2) years of related program assistant experience, preferably in a public post-secondary environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Familiar with the pedagogy behind the academic support model of Supplemental Instructions (SI), an asset.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in the use of computer applications including: word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), email and internet browsers.
- Experience with educational technology (e.g. D2L) or a content management system, an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, and make decisions when required for the smooth operation of the office.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand the various departments of the college and the timelines involved for production of campus materials.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to meet and effectively deal with and provide information, assistance and related services to the public, faculty, staff, clients and students in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and enter data with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to operate various office related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, printers, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to work independently as well as excellent interactive and teamwork skills.
Salary Range: $23.03 - $26.09 Hourly (Pay Grade 18)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 10:30am - 2:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C157-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on November 4, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.