Temporary, Part-Time or Full-Time
This position will function as a temporary, clerical support person responsible for performing a variety of duties associated with various positions in Registrars and Enrolment Services (RES).
Assignments within the RES may include, but not limited to:
- providing front counter services, responding to inquiries from students and the general public regarding registration, prerequisites, admissions, graduation, and College policies and procedures;
- assisting with inquiries on the Helpline, and verifying and ensuring the accuracy of student records in the Banner system;
- verifying supporting documentation and performs clerical duties such as data entry, updating forms, generating correspondence, and other duties related to admissions;
- assisting with the preparation of, and clerical duties relating to, graduation and graduation ceremonies;
- performing other administrative and clerical duties.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 plus one year of post-secondary education in arts and sciences, communications, office administration, or related areas. Education to include training in computerized software applications and integrated information systems.
- One (1) year of recent related experience working within an educational environment using an integrated on-line system such as Banner and providing customer service, preferably within a Registrar’s office.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing the admission of students in post-secondary institutions.
- Knowledge of programs, courses and student services offered at Langara College.
- Knowledge of prerequisite, transfer credit, and advance standing practices.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and email.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Accurate keyboarding skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance, and related services to the public, faculty, staff, and students in a tactful, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Ability to process cash, credit, etc. accurately.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries requiring endurance, stamina, and the ability to stay focused over prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to adapt easily to meet the different staffing needs of the Registrar’s Office in admissions, information services, graduation, and registration.
Salary Range: Depending on assignment
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: Core hours are 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Actual assignment schedule will vary depending on departmental requirements.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: On-going
Competition No.: C004-19
Shortlised candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.