Temporary, Part-Time or Full-Time
Langara's in-house on-call support services is looking for support staff to fill a variety of on-call assignments.
We are seeking individuals who:
- have excellent customer services skills.
- have previous office experience.
- are organized, flexible and multi-task oriented.
- are team players, yet have the ability to work independently.
- have excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- are proficient in spelling, punctuation and basic arithmetic.
Reception positions require experience in receiving and welcoming visitors, students and the general public and referring individuals to appropriate areas/departments.
Clerical positions require a minimum keyboarding skills of 40 wpm., general office skills and reception experience.
Secretarial positions require minimum keyboarding skills of 50 wpm and proficiency with MS Office. Duties may include assisting with the production of various materials by designing, typing, proofreading and revising a variety of documents such as letters, memos, reports and manuals as well as initiating routine correspondence by drafting response for signature.
Hours & Days of Work: Core hours are 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Actual assignment schedule will vary depending on departmental requirements.
Salary Range: $17.92 to $22.56 per hour (Depending on assignment)
Employee Group: CUPE
Competition No.: C001-17
Closing Date: On-going
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.