Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Permanent, Part-Time (.6 FTE)
Dates: As soon as possible
The role of the Nursing Simulation Centre (NSC) Technician is to support the day-to-day operations of the NSC and simulation program. The NSC Technician assists with preparation and dismantling of equipment for simulation scenarios, problem-solving of operational issues, and routine equipment maintenance and repair. This person assists with the programming and operation of mannequins as well as the recording of simulation scenarios. The NSC Technician provides basic technical support and education in the use of the equipment and mannequins used in medium to high fidelity simulations to educators and students. The NSC Technician reports to the Assistant Chair NSC (AC NSC), and collaborates with the lab demonstrators to maintain safe, effective and collegial use of the space for nursing education. The NSC Technician is an integral member of the NSC team with duties and responsibilities related to both simulation and general NSC operations.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, or health-related field preferred: associate degree in computer science, technology or health science.
- Minimum two (2) years of related work experience.
- Experience with the use of related software and hardware, including video and audio recording equipment.
- Experience operating a variety of nursing simulation equipment, a desired asset.
- Experience with demonstrating the use of equipment to others, preferably students and educators.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with hardware such as PC and Mac computers, video and audio recording equipment
- Proficient with software required to operate equipment
- Detail-oriented with organizational, planning and priority setting skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills to facilitate collaborative working relationships and NSC processes
- Presentation skills to educate students and educators on the appropriate use of equipment
- Accepts and responds positively to constructive feedback
- Able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position such as walking, standing, and lifting or moving equipment.
- Position is not subject to the compressed work schedule.
- Maintain flexibility and reliability to variable scheduling and assignments.
Salary Range: $1,855.75 - $2,106.76 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 23), to be pro-rated based on .6 FTE.
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:00pm. Monday, Thursday and Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C181-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on November 19, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.