Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: September 3, 2019 – March 31, 2020 (possibility of an extension)
The Lab Demonstrator (c) prepares, supervises and instructs in the Biology laboratories and on field trips by preparing instructional materials and providing instruction in lab concepts, procedures and techniques. The Lab Demo is responsible for preparing, administrating, invigilating and marking lab exams and assignments and maintaining appropriate records. This position involves working effectively with supervisors, instructors, staff and students.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of B.Sc., in Biology and one year’s experience as teaching assistant or acceptable equivalent. Specialty – Zoology.
- Considerable knowledge of the course content, procedures, techniques and methodologies involved in providing instruction in biological laboratory environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, instructors, staff and students.
- Ability to advise and direct laboratory aides and student employees
- Must have a working knowledge of WCB and WHMIS regulations.
- Familiarity with office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Salary Range: $2,143.62 - $2,513.33 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 27)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: Shifts ranging between 8:30am - 9:30pm. Monday to Friday (35 hours per week), however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C080-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 26, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.