Temporary, Full Time
Dates: June 7, 2019 – August 31, 2019
Reporting to the Nursing Department Chair, this position performs individual and group laboratory demonstrations for Nursing students and coordinates laboratory operations by setting up and ordering, materials, equipment and instructional aides; and performs other related administrative activities.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized educational institution.
- Current membership with College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia [CRNBC].
- Two to four years of recent medical, acute care and/or surgical nursing experience including computer operations as applied to the Nursing field and experience providing practical instruction within a teaching environment.
- Experience maintaining a physical inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate all nursing procedures and skills taught in the program effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as laboratory, NERC audiovisual equipment and related software applications within a computerized windows operating environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritise work.
- Ability to effectively supervise, direct and lead others.
- Ability to maintain a standard of absolute confidentiality regarding information and records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to meet work performance standards set by the College.
Salary Range: $2,411.93 – 2,843.41 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 30)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C074-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 4, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.