Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: ASAP – March 21, 2021
Under general supervision of the Business Analyst Lead, the Intermediate Business Analyst evaluates business needs and processes, and develops business and functional requirements for the systems and application software used throughout the College. As a member of a project team, the incumbent develops requirements and supports systems in accordance with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and procedures, guidelines, and best industry practices. Primarily involved with the support of staff, faculty, and student communities, the Intermediate Business Analyst also provides functional support to end users and assistance, and, occasional coaching and mentoring to other teams and team members within the department. May assign tasks and supervise junior business analysts. Incumbent may also be asked to perform other duties as required.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree preferred or two-year diploma from a recognized institution in computing science, business administration, or an equivalent technology or business discipline.
- Minimum six (6) years of recent related experience including four (4) years of functional requirements development, two (2) years of business requirement development, and two (2) years of software development or testing.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Additional specialized industry training of up to one year in business analysis techniques in software development lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of Use-Case driven requirement development, SDLC methodologies, tools, and techniques, and agile practices.
- Good understanding of UML and experience with at least one of the UML modeling tools.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written, in English.
- Excel at explaining and demonstrating complex business and technical concepts to all audiences.
- Ability to liaise with clients and assist them in the definition and articulation of their requirements.
- Ability to produce clear, concise, unambiguous, and easy to read functional design and requirements documentation.
- Ability to “think outside the box”, re-evaluate, and improve business analysis techniques.
- Effectively analyze, understand, and evaluate the business and application functional impacts of modifications or enhancements.
- Provide advice and support to users on the use and operation of application systems.
- Organize and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Effectively contribute to the overall improvement of department services and operations, team spirit, and morale.
- Work both independently and as a member of a committee or team.
- Work harmoniously with others.
- Aptitude to learn new methodologies, tools and technologies for requirement analysis and development.
- Exhibit high level of work ethics and professionalism within a business environment.
- Perform duties to meet established policies, practices and standards.
Salary Range: $2.640.72 - $3,010.43 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade IT-H)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C096-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 25, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.