Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Dates: January 2, 2019 to April 30, 2019
Reporting to the Department Chair, Kinesiology and in collaboration with faculty members in the Department, the Instructional Assistant provides direct instructional assistance and instructional support services to faculty and to students enrolled in the Kinesiology Programs or courses according to work performance standards set by the College.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology or a related field, including some courses involving computer operations as applied to the field of Kinesiology.
- Minimum 1 year experience in behavioural and/or anatomical and/or physiological data collection techniques in a post-secondary laboratory environment (e.g. electromyography, respiratory and metabolic measurements, kinanthropometry, force platform measurements, motion capture, and ergometry).
- Previous administrative or clerical experience required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to set up and operate various equipment typically used in the field of Kinesiology.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to take the initiative, organize, schedule, and prioritize.
- Ability to provide direction to students.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply department rules, policies and technical materials.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Proficiency in computer skills including word processing (i.e. MS Word), spreadsheets (i.e. Excel), databases (i.e. MS Access), web publishing (i.e. Dreamweaver).
Salary Range: $1,795.14 - $2,057.81 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C208-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on January 3, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.