Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.457 FTE)
Dates: February 11, 2019 to April 26, 2019
Reporting to the Division Chair for Creative Arts & Industries, this position provides classroom instructional and technical support, within multiple Macintosh computer labs, to faculty and students according to work performance standards set by the College.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education in Creative Arts. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to four years of recent related experience working with graphics software, video editing, and web design.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced skills and thorough knowledge of computer systems and peripherals.
- Demonstrated ability to learn techniques & software of rapidly changing industry.
- Advanced knowledge of print publication and photography software, web design and coding software/tools.
- Demonstrated teaching, tutoring, or coaching ability.
- Demonstrated graphic design ability.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Salary Range: $1,855.75 - $2,106.76 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 23), to be prorated based on workload.
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work:16 hours per week
- Monday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am to 1:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am to 1:30pm.
However, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C018-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on February 11, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.