Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to January 31, 2020
The Instructional Assistant is responsible for providing instructional and classroom support for the Langara School of Management. Working closely with faculty, this position researches, prepares and delivers a variety of online and classroom activities and assignments. The position assists faculty with exam invigilation, classroom/lab supervision, marking and providing resources for students. This position will also work with the Department Chairs to research and develop a variety of instructor resources and opportunities.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or commerce. Preference given to candidates with specialisation in general business management or international business.
- One (1) year experience in a post-secondary or academic environment, providing instruction or instructional support to students.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill in the operation of computers, the installation and use of software applications
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, information database, e-mail and internet navigation
- Intermediate knowledge of D2L or similar educational technology.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Ability to instruct and demonstrate the use of equipment or software to students.
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Effective organizational skills including ability to make decisions, take initiative, prioritize conflicting demands, and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a standard of absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and students.
- Ability to develop and manage procedures for the preparation and updating of instructional support material.
- Demonstrated ability to meet changing priorities and deadlines while making responsible and non-routine decisions.
- Ability to tend to various forms of classroom assistance and supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours and off campus as required.
Salary Range: $1,795.14 - $2,057.81 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C012-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on January 31, 2019
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.