Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to April 30, 2021
The Graduation Specialist is functional expert in a specific registrarial field including Graduation processing. The Specialist provides instructions and guidance to prospective and current students, internal staff, or external parties in registrarial matters in relation to the incumbent’s area of expertise. The Specialist works within one or across multiple registrarial units to apply his/her business area expertise in the analysis, execution, or performance of the unit’s functions. The Specialist supports the development of business procedures to accommodate the College’s requirements for administering policies and procedures managed by the computerized information system. This position supports the development of RES changes, events, or projects. The incumbent provides superior customer service to a range of stakeholders.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a two-year diploma or an associate’s degree in a related discipline.
- Two (2) years of related experience in the business area of expertise, preferably in a Registrar’s Office.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with an integrated student record system (e.g. Banner).
- Knowledge of post-secondary policy and procedures, programs and registrarial processes.
- Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, respond to enquiries and provide information, assistance and related services to the general public, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries, requiring endurance and stamina and the need to stay focussed over prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to investigate and listen in order to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent ability to maintain collegiality, team work and a respectful workplace environment
- Ability to foster effective communication and teamwork among employees, facilitating understanding of individual, team, and organizational goals
- Ability to ensure that all employee and customer interactions are respectful, service focused, and collegial
- Ability to support RES team in change management which may include enhancing activities that drive change in collaboration with the change team
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise judgement, tact and discretion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Intermediate level in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation (Power Point), and email.
- Ability to achieve a keyboarding speed of 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,769.57 - $2,022.85 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 9:00am – 5:15pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C077-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 13, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.