Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to December 31, 2017
The Graduation Assistant is responsible for processing and evaluating applications for graduation, and providing support to the organization of the Board of Governor and Education Council electoral processes. This position is also responsible for the facilitation of student’s GAC requests. This position also assists with maintaining and editing printed publications and online content for RES. The Graduation Assistant also performs clerical support functions such as routine data entry using the student information systems, data verification of student information, typing correspondence, assists with organization of convocation, and performs duties or projects, as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of one (1) year certificate in business administration, communication or related field plus additional specialised education in web communications.
- Two years of recent related experience working with registrarial policies and procedures, preferably in a public sector college or university environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with using an integrated online system such as Banner.
- Knowledge of post-secondary, election and other registrarial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of College admission, registration, and graduation policies and procedures, prerequisites, transfer credit and advance standing practices.
- Working knowledge of curriculum requirements and graduation evaluation practices.
- Experience in proofing and editing print and web documents.
- Demonstrated experience in web technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS) an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with desktop publishing applications (e.g., InDesign, Publisher, or Pagemaker, and electronic publishing application such as Adobe Acrobat) an asset
- Experience in the coordination of special events (e.g. convocation ceremonies) is an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency with the English language and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of web, desktop publishing, and business applications (e.g., Dreamweaver, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Suite).
- Ability to liaise with others in contentious situations and relay unpleasant information
- Ability to exercise sound decision making and good judgement.
- Accurate keyboarding skills at 45 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,706.59 - $1,950.86 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: September 6, 2017
Competition No.: C160-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.