**Applications submitted without the requested three links of samples of your work will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully**
Full Stack Web Developer
Start Date: As soon as possible - August 3, 2018
Under direction from the Manager, the Full Stack Web Developer administers one of the College’s most important communication channels – our website. The Full Stack Web Developer works collaboratively with the Communications & Marketing Services team and developers, within the College's brand standards and policies, to ensure the College’s responsive website and mobile applications (apps) function effectively across all devices, screen sizes, and browsers.
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or Associate’s degree in web development, computer science, digital media, or related discipline, including training in web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, XML, AJAX, JS). Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least (5) years of proven experience maintaining and supporting complex websites, mobile apps, and digital marketing materials.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Experience in developing for mobile and desktop.
- Experience with enterprise-class content management systems: Cascade CMS (a strong asset), WordPress, or other content management tools.
- WordPress experience including theming, custom post types, ability to build custom functionality, and plugin development.
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with tools such as Git, BrowserStack, Jira, Confluence, Google Docs and Google Analytics for version control, collaboration, analysis, testing, documentation and task management.
- Experience with social media platforms such as YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, RSS feeds, etc. and using APIs to embed related content into websites.
- Ability to build web applications from design mockups and wireframes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically DreamWeaver, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience working in both Mac and Windows environments.
- Knowledge of Java and Apache Velocity is an asset.
- Familiarity with agile development processes and the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of W3C guidelines as it applies to web accessibility, an asset.
- Experience working in a post-secondary education environment, an asset.
- Familiarity with brand and marketing principles.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Ability to deliver high quality and maintainable code/markup and technical solutions to meet project needs on time and within budget.
- Ability to innovate, problem-solve, and take initiative.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate ideas and recommendations to diverse non-technical audiences and constructively integrate feedback.
- Ability to train non-technical users on how to effectively and efficiently use content management and other related systems.
- Ability to analyze new trends and technologies and recognize how to apply them to Langara's marketing communications goals.
- Effective organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
- A collaborative team player, willing to work with others to resolve problems, and able to exercise judgment and initiative to identify and respond to issues before they become problematic.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A logical thinker, who understands information architecture as it applies to large and complex websites.
- Ability to work within a file management structure, with good file management techniques.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external web and application designers and developers.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Salary Range: $2,326.09 - $2,742.21 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 30)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. Please provide 3 links of samples of your work. Describe your role for each sample including duties and responsibilities, if you lead a team or other team members, and who you were accountable to. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: July 17, 2017
Competition No.: C106-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.