Dates: August 20, 2018 to August 20, 2019
Provides support in the administration and promotion of department programs by coordinating the utilization of the facility as well as the day-to-day operations of the department programs.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Human Kinetics and/or Recreation or related field.
- One (1) year of recent related work experience in coordinating the use of athletic facilities and providing support services within an athletics and/or recreational organization, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience organizing and setting up sports related events.
- Experience as an athlete or participation in team sports, an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively in person, in writing, and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet and effectively deal with and provide information, assistance and related services to the public, faculty, staff and students in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students, and the general public.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including basic word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as public address systems, score clocks, AV equipment.
- Physical requirements – ability to lift and move equipment of 10 to 25 pounds of weight
- Flexibility and ability to work various hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid active Class 5 Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle.
Salary Range: $1,739.13 - $1,988.06 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C097-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 19, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.