Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible.
Under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator, Facilities, this position provides clerical support to the Managers and staff of the Facilities department. The position also provides relief coverage and back-up support to the Senior Facilities Assistant and Telephone Operator/Reception. Position may perform related duties as required.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a one year (1) business secretarial training certificate program or similar.
- One year (1) related office experience preferably supporting a Facilities Department or similar multi-trade environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, accounting, record keeping, modern office practices and procedures.
- Experience in maintaining data and reports using a large enterprise resource program such as Ellucian Banner or SAP, preferred.
- Experience in the operation of a PC based Telephone Switchboard, an asset.
- Experience in the operation of all aspects of mailing equipment and procedures, an asset.
- Experience in the operation of multi function photocopiers.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and the ability to effectively communicate tactfully (both orally and in writing) with others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function calmly during emergency situations or high volume periods.
- Ability to take dictation and record minutes of meetings.
- Ability to operate various related equipment such as filing systems, personal computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Ability to learn new skills and remain current in changing technologies.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and produce documents accurately.
- Ability to work independently as well as excellent interactive and teamwork skills.
- Ability to meet and effectively deal with and provide information, assistance and related services to the public, faculty, staff and students in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Accurate keyboarding skills at a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload.
- Advanced word processing skills and comprehensive knowledge of MS Office software applications including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Working skills and basic knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Publisher and Access.
- Flexibility to work from 7:45am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary Range: $1,564.23 - $1,769.57 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 17)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:00 am - 4:15 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C069-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on June 7, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.