**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Permanent, Full-Time (based on 37.5 hours per week)
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
The Desktop Systems Analyst will provide support and technical expertise in management of desktop computers and mobile devices. This position will deal with day-to-day operations of software packaging and template development as well as administration of various tools required for application deployment. In addition to day-to-day activities, Desktop Support Analyst will help to guide the strategy for desktops and mobile devices infrastructure and participate in various projects.
Education & Experience
- Two-year Diploma in Computing Studies such as Applied Computer Science Technology Diploma, or Computer Information Systems Diploma.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Four (4) years of related technical experience including two (2) years in providing software deployment and one (1) year with AD and GPO policies.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong understanding of deployment tools such as SCCM or Casper
- Considerable knowledge of both PC and Apple hardware and software.
- Experience with installation, configuring, testing, troubleshooting repairs, and upgrades of various computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment. Microsoft Certified IT Professional (current version), an asset.
- Understand the overall infrastructure and have detailed understanding of different IT systems and managed tools
- Mac OS X Support Essentials certification (current version), an asset.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Certification (current version), an asset.
- Certified Casper Technician (current version), an asset.
- Citrix Certified Associate (current version), an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to describe technical concepts to users and train users on computer-related equipment.
- Ability to determine and provide technical support advice and corresponding client-centered services.
- Ability to organize, to prioritize workload, and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve a variety of computer problems.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students, and service vendors.
- Ability to understand and keep up with constantly changing technical information.
- Ability to provide work and support clients in difficult and stressful situations on a daily basis.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to safely lift and carry various computer related equipment.
- Flexibility to provide non-regular hours support by working the evening and/or weekend shift
Salary Range: $1,950.75 - $2,214.75 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 23)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 37.5 hours of work per week between 9:00 am - 5:30 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: August 29, 2017
Competition No.: C154-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.