Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume & cover) will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Director of Athletics & Intramurals, this position provides administration assistance in the areas of athletics, intramurals and student engagement. The Department Assistant contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of systems, programs and the day-to-day operations of the department.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Two-Year Diploma Program in Human Performance, Human Kinetics, Sports Management or related field.
- Two (2) to three (3) years recent related experience in Sport Administration.
- Knowledge and experience in athletics and recreation practices.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database management (MS Access), desktop publishing (Photoshop, Publisher), Internet, and website development and maintenance.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as the public address system, score clocks, AV equipment.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Physical requirements – ability to lift and move equipment of 10 to 25 pounds of weight.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships at all levels, both within and outside the organization including students, student-athletes, coaches, employees, and the general public.
Salary Range: $1,769.57 - $2,022.85 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C116-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 9, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.