Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible.
The CS RES Assistant provides support or assistance in the Continuing Studies Admissions, Registration & Graduation unit and often is the initial point of contact for prospective and current students, internal staff, agents, or external stakeholders. This position provides exemplary customer service, clerical support, or data entry services in the provision of RES services to our students and clients. This position is typically the front-line, customer-facing or junior team member of a particular business unit, and works under the direction of senior team members in applying and adhering to College policies, procedures, and standards. The incumbent assists in changes to RES services, processes and projects.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 completion plus one (1) year post-secondary certificate in a related discipline.
- One (1) year of related experience in providing customer service and/or clerical support, preferably in an educational environment.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience with an integrated student record system (e.g. Banner) or similar computerized system, preferred.
- Working knowledge of post-secondary policy and procedures, programs and registrarial processes, preferred.
- Working knowledge of the BC post-secondary system, preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, respond to enquiries and provide information, assistance and related services to the general public, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries, requiring endurance and stamina and the need to stay focussed over prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to investigate and listen in order to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent ability to maintain collegiality, team work and a respectful workplace environment
- Ability to foster effective communication and teamwork among employees, facilitating understanding of individual, team, and organizational goals
- Ability to ensure that all employee and customer interactions are respectful, service focused, and collegial
- Ability to support RES team in change management which may include enhancing activities that drive change in collaboration with the change team
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise judgement, tact and discretion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Intermediate level in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation (Power Point), and email.
- Ability to achieve a keyboarding speed of 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,584.46 - $1,795.14 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 18)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: Monday to Friday, during regular daytime hours, according to the needs of the department. The position will work 2 days at the Centre of Entertainment Arts (565 Great Northern Way) and 3 days at the Langara College Main Campus (100 West 49th Avenue). Travel between locations may be requried. Work schedule is “under review.” This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C042-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on May 1, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional