Temporary, Full Time
Start date: September 4, 2018 to September 3, 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Langara has initiated a multi-year project to renew its administrative and academic processes and the technologies that support them. Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, and working closely with the ERP Program Director, this position will play an important role as a member of the Enterprise Resource Planning Project Implementation team (ERP team), providing dedicated communications strategy, planning, and implementation services to the project.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of an advanced diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent. Additional specialized training in one or more areas: stakeholder engagement, project management, copywriting/editing, etc. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent related experience as a marketing communications professional including strong strategy and planning, project management skills, client services, writing/editing, events coordination, and internal communication skills within a computerized Apple Mac environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in higher education marketing, internal communications, or technology marketing an asset.
- Knowledge of change management best practices and stakeholder engagement methodologies an asset.
- Experience with large technology implementation and/or business transformation projects an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of ERP systems an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- translate complex technical information for non-technical audiences;
- successfully collaborate with clients, colleagues and suppliers to deliver high-quality work;
- manage client expectations within a fast-paced work environment;
- maintain strong working relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills;
- manage multiple competing projects, effectively organizing and prioritizing workload;
- deliver high quality work on time and within project budgets,
- operate related equipment;
- work in complex and/or sensitive situations;
- work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision;
- work as a team member;
- use tact/diplomacy and meet work performance standards set by the College;
- Impact and influence without formal authority.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate events and facilitate consultation sessions.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Google analytics, Google AdWords, HootSuite, web content management systems, email marketing platforms, project management tools, work management systems such as WorkFront, and media databases.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Position is not subject to the compressed work week schedule.
Salary Range: $2,183.78 - $2,576.13 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 28)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C096-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 18, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.