**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Applications Instructions carefully.**
Temporary, Full -Time
Start Date: As soon as possible – July 10, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, this position provides communications and marketing support for student recruitment, fundraising and image building activities as well as marketing of the College’s instructional programs (including Continuing Studies). The incumbent works with individual departments and internal clients to develop and implement marketing plans, provide media relations support, and coordinate advertising as well as coordinating a variety of projects and special events and providing administrative assistance to the Manager. The incumbent works with both internal and external audiences to achieve communications goals according to work performance standards set by the College.
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a two year diploma program in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent related experience as a communications professional including strong writing/editing, social media, media relations, special events coordination, advertising, and publication coordination skills within a computerized Apple Mac environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience and knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of market research, speaker bureaus, and government and community relations would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of social media account management and digital marketing tools, in particular Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, YouTube, Flickr, HootSuite, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, and content management systems.
Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- maintain effective relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills;
- organize and prioritize workload;
- deliver high quality work on time and within project budgets.
- operate related equipment;
- work in complex and/or sensitive situations;
- initiate and control assigned projects;
- work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision;
- work as a team member;
- use tact/diplomacy and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others;
- Demonstrated ability to manage events;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.)
Salary Range: $2,142.91 - $2,527.92 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 28)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: June 26, 2017
Competition No.: C100-17We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.