INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Applications Instructions carefully.**
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: August 28, 2017
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, this position supports integrated marketing communications strategy, planning, and execution for both college-wide and program-specific marketing efforts. The incumbent works with Communications Officers (COs), individual departments, and internal clients to bring a diverse range of projects to life, including advertising, publications, media relations, events, collateral, web, and other digital projects as directed. The incumbent works with both internal and external audiences to achieve marketing communications goals while strengthening our brand and enhancing the institution’s reputation.
Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a two-year diploma program in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience as a communications professional including strong writing/editing, social media, media relations, special events coordination, advertising, and publication coordination skills within a computerized Apple Mac environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience and knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of social media account management and digital marketing tools, in particular Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, HootSuite, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, and content management systems.
- Knowledge of market research and community relations would be an asset.
Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- successfully collaborate with clients, colleagues, and suppliers to deliver high quality work;
- manage client expectations within a fast-paced work environment;
- maintain strong working relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills;
- manage multiple competing projects, effectively organizing and prioritizing workload;
- operate related equipment;
- work in complex and/or sensitive situations;
- initiate and control assigned projects;
- work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision;
- work as a team member;
- use tact/diplomacy and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others;
- Demonstrated ability to manage events;
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.).
Salary Range: $1,706.59 – $1,950.86 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Closing Date: August 8, 2017
Competition No.: C138-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.