Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover, and Supplemental Information Request) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to February 28, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Business Operations, the Commissions Assistant processes international student recruitment agent (thereafter "agent") commissions by reconciling, calculating, and documenting commission invoices received. This position liaises with the Accounts Payables team and International Education stakeholders to complete the College's financial obligations to compensate agents for student referrals into College programs or courses. This position involves clerical and accounting work of moderate complexity involving the processing of agent commission fees, vendor invoices and related documents. The incumbent prepares a variety of accounting documents; updates electronic records; processes invoice payments; maintains files; utilizes ERP and CRM systems for financial data queries and prepares spreadsheets and reports. Performs related work as required.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of one (1) year business certificate or equivalent, plus additional specialized coursework in financial accounting.
- Two (2) years of related accounting experience within a computerized accounting software environment, preferably from an institutional or post-secondary background.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) environment (e.g. Banner, Peoplesoft,) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Knowledge of post-secondary policies and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of international education sector marketing and recruitment activities an asset
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices, financial reconciliations, and accounts payable.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, including programming formulas, statistical reports, and macros preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, to others.
- Work and communicate effectively with various groups from various cultural backgrounds and whose first language may not be English, in obtaining and conveying information about policies and procedures,
- Maintain effective working relationships with customers, employees, students, vendors, and other external agencies.
- High degree of analytical accuracy, professional judgment and dependability.
- Sound decision making, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Maintain confidentiality in working with students and/or employee information and files.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain accuracy, and meet deadlines in high volume environment.
- Ability to create spreadsheets; utilize databases and word processing software; maintain records, files, and statistical reports with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions and heavy workloads at times.
- Exercise initiative in contributing input into improvement to departmental operations and service to clients.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a work team.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and applications.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment.
- Minimum 50 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,660.12 - $1,888.22 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 19)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C099-19
Closing Date: Until Filled.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
*Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.*
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.