Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Start date: September 4, 2018
The Business Analyst Lead plans, organizes and leads the activities of the Langara IT BA team on a day-to-day basis. Performs comprehensive reviews of business and functional requirements. Develops and implements analysis strategies, methodologies and plans. Leads the execution of reviews and analysis to ensure the quality of IT deliverables including project artifacts, infrastructure components, enterprise systems, database systems, integrations, as well as the security, performance, reliability and availability of the information technology in the College. Participates in strategic planning for IT initiatives and projects. Provides support to IT and user groups according to work performance standards set by the College.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computing Science or a related field.
- Minimum six (6) years of recent experience performing and leading BA activities in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other business applications, including a minimum of two (2) years experience supervising a team.
- Additional specialized industry training in business analysis techniques in software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in higher education preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid understanding of UML and experience with at least one of the UML modeling tools. Enterprise Architect experience would be an asset.
- Experience writing business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience writing analysis plans to ensure adequate requirements coverage and proper definition of the system.
- Experience estimating, scheduling and supervising the analysis effort in collaboration with project managers.
- Experience with one or more of the following database platforms and tools: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL preferred.
- Experience testing in J2EE or Web environments and in applications based on one or more of the following Web and Application platforms: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache, and Tomcat preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively:
- maintain a standard of absolute confidentiality regarding information and records.
- organize and prioritize work.
- communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization.
- present and clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients
- lead, train, guide and advise a BA team;
- manage project time lines;
- meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Proven expertise related to:
- systems analysis, analysis techniques, estimating and planning procedures and standards
- industry best practices and associated tools for business analysis and elicitation
- computer operating systems and principles
- writing technical and non-technical documentation
- Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Confluence and JIRA
- Requirement analysis and development.
- Exhibit high level of work ethics and professionalism within a business environment.
- Perform duties to meet established policies, practices and standards.
Salary Range: $2,858.28 - $3,282.01 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade I, IT Scale of Wages)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C100-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 23, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.