INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Audio Visual Technician provides AV support to users throughout the College using a client centred approach according to established policy, practices and standards. The AV Technician works collaboratively with other team members, and sometimes with considerable independence. The incumbent provides technical support to users in classrooms; Provides equipment loan services to internal clients; Provides technical support for events; Performs basic equipment maintenance, and assists with AV installations and repairs; Performs various other related tasks. The AV Technician is expected to provide training to users in a one-on-one or group setting.
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) years post-secondary education in a relevant discipline OR graduation from a relevant diploma program for audio-visual or electronics.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in providing technical and instructional support to users, and working with professional AV and IT technologies.
- Successful completion of the Extron AV Associate Certification Program is preferred.
- Other relevant industry recognised credentials from Extron, Crestron, Biamp, Panasonic, InfoComm and etc. an asset.
- ITIL Foundation Certification an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Considerable up-to-date knowledge of a wide variety of AV technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of acoustics and lighting.
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac hardware and software, with proficiency in the following applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of digital and analogue media formats.
- Knowledge of learning management systems such as D2L.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
- Experience with IT ticketing systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting, configuring, maintaining, and installing various AV and IT hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Experience working with software and hardware videoconferencing codecs such as Skype, Blue Jeans, and Polycom.
- Experience operating multi-camera production systems such as TriCaster.
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a customer service environment an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to express complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent research, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use a variety of manual and power tools, and electronic instruments commonly used in the AV industry
- Ability to work with the framework of established standards, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to work independently and to initiate activities as appropriate
- Ability to work in a group environment, adapting to different roles as needed
- Ability to establish, maintain and foster effective working relationships with other college employees, students, and contractors
- Ability to adapt with constant technological and institutional changes
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with difficult individuals and challenging situations
- Intercultural competence: ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with people of various cultures
- Candidate must be able to walk across campus, up and down stairs, climb ladders, and frequently lift and/or carry equipment up to 25 kg
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation and travel to satellite campus location(s) within the Lower Mainland
- Ability to work flexible hours during early mornings, evenings, and weekends
Salary Range: $1,730.48 - $1,978.17 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am – 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Closing Date: February 22, 2018
Competition No.: C027-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.