Temporary, Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
Dates: October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2020
The Alumni Relations Officer contributes to the planning and delivery of alumni and community engagement initiatives for Langara College. Reporting to the Manager, Alumni and Community Engagement, the responsibilities of the Alumni Relations Officer include responding to inquiries; working with departments across campus to promote, support, and advance alumni and community relations opportunities; maintaining the alumni database and website; planning and supporting on and off-campus events; representing Alumni at events; supporting alumni social media initiatives; and assisting with the creation of alumni related content and programming.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a two (2) year diploma in marketing, business administration, communications or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a post-secondary educational environment in alumni relations or marketing (or equivalent).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience using office productivity software, including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and presentation software (PowerPoint/Keynote).
- Experience working with content management software (e.g., Campaigner, Cascade Server).
- Experience working with social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Experience working with relationship management software (e.g., Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge of Langara College policy, procedure, and programs is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong public relations and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with the public or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to remain current with trends in alumni relations and community engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply College, governmental, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Salary Range: $880.78 - $1,009.65 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 22)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: September 8, 2017
Competition No.: C158-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.