Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: November 19, 2018
The Accounts Receivable Clerk processes financial transactions within the Banner System related to student accounts, day care accounts and third party billings. This position responds to a variety of account enquiries and effectively communicates College policies and procedures.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 and completion of a one year business certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution which includes a CPA transferable Introductory Financial Accounting course.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in accounting within an integrated computerized environment. Preference given to individuals with prior accounting experience in a broad public sector.
- Experience in customer service and cash handling.
- Knowledge of post-secondary admission and registration processes, financial aid processes, and tuition fee structures, an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in handling large volumes of cash and reconciliation procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of office software applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and email.
- Proficiency with an integrated enterprise resource program (e.g. Banner, SAP, JD Edwards).
Skills & Abilities
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, to others.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to process financial transactions accurately.
- Ability to meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, email clients and integrated computerized accounting systems.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and provide customer service to administration, faculty, staff, students, external agencies, and members of the general public.
- Ability to apply and effectively communicate College policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate financial calculations with accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyze and explain complex student financial information to clients.
- Keyboarding skills at 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $1,584.46 - $1,795.14 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 18)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 5:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C182-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on November 21, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
*Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.*
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.