Start Date: September 5, 2017
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable, the Accounts Payable Clerk checks, completes and enters invoices, requisitions and credit memos. This position reconciles various statements, assists with disbursement of payments and responds to inquiries regarding accounts.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 and completion of a one year business certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Two (2) years of related accounting experience within a computerized accounting software environment, preferably from an institutional background.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience with an integrated accounting system in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) environment (e.g. SunGard, Peoplesoft, SAP).
Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, to others.
- Enter data with accuracy.
- Work and communicate effectively with various groups in obtaining and conveying information about policies and procedures,
- Provide assistance in completion of forms.
- Maintain effective working relationships with customers, employees, students, vendors, and other external agencies.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain confidentiality in working with students and/or employee information and files.
- Exercise initiative in contributing input into improvement to departmental operations and service to clients.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Respond to enquiries and providing information regarding College accounting processes, guidelines and procedures.
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment.
Salary Range: $1,554.81 - $1,761.55 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 18)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: August 31, 2017.
Competition No.: C155-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.