Temporary, Full Time
Dates: ASAP to November 16, 2018
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for reconciling bank accounts, assisting in compiling general ledger accounts, and for compiling tax related remittances. This position provides support to short term investment functions and acts as the liaison person for the bank and credit card accounts. This position also provides administrative support to the Financial Services management team. Position performs other related accounting duties as required.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Level Two of a professional accounting program (CGA/CMA) OR completion of a one year accounting certificate from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years of related accounting experience with an integrated computerized accounting environment, preferably in a broad public sector environment.
- An equivalent combination of education of experience may be considered.
- Intermediate proficiency with an enterprise resource program (e.g. Banner, SAP, JD Edwards) and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office applications.
Skills & Abilities
- Communicate effectively with various groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Work independently and as a member of a team.
- Maintain sustained attention to detail with high level of accuracy.
- Problem solve and exercise sound judgement.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Keyboarding skills of minimum 40 wpm.
- Meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Interpret and apply College, government, agency, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Salary Range: $1,730.48 - $1,978.17 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 21)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C032-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on March 8, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the following carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.