Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Permanent, Full Time
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Receivable, the Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for analysis and reconciliation of accounts receivable information, account collections, preparing journal entries, and responding to student and other inquiries.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of two years of the CPA educational program (including completion of an introductory Financial Accounting course) OR two years of equivalent accounting courses of study from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years of recent related accounting experience within an integrated computerized accounting environment, preferably in a broad public sector environment.
- Intermediate proficiency with an integrated enterprise resource program (e.g., Banner, SAP, JD Edwards) and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of spreadsheets (i.e., Excel).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, to others.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others
- Ability to meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to process financial transactions accurately.
- Ability to operate related office equipment (e.g. copier, PC computer, POS).
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite applications such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database (Access), and email.
- Keyboard skills of 40 wpm.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Salary Range: $1,687.58 - $1,920.11 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 20)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C133-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 21, 2018
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.