Temporary, Contract position (two years, with an option to renew for an additional year)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Program Director will be responsible for building and managing the ERP/PMO (Project Management Office). Responsibilies include managing and developing ERP program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics. The incumbent will ensure projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner. The Program Director will also incorporate effective change and risk management controls and be responsible for ensuring all projects within the ERP program are delivered on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level. The successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project/program management, portfolio management and software development methodologies.
- Be accountable for ERP program and project delivery.
- Direct project leadership to complete deliverables and outcomes to the agreed upon quality.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining project plans.
- Manage vendor and contracted services to complete and maintain the overall program plan.
- Proactively monitor and report on all project deliverables and milestones against project plan.
- Assess deviations from schedule, cost and scope baselines and implement mitigation plan to return to the established project baseline.
- Define risks and issues mitigation plan as well as action plan to correct project overruns and deviations of any types.
- Be accountable for ensuring the successful completion of all phases of the project from concept / definition (initiation), procurement and negotiations through planning to implementation (execution, monitoring and control) and close-out.
- Manage forums and other mechanisms for monitoring and reporting by all system integrator resources on progress against schedule, scope, risks and issues.
- Report on all agreed upon performance metrics according to the agreed upon schedule.
- Proactively or upon request, assess the impact of all proposed changes to scope, timing and / or resources.
- Conform to all Langara College governance requirements.
- Direct and manage the strategic and tactical alignment of requirements activities, plans and policies for the ERP Solution. Participate in major issue resolution.
- Support the evolution of the College’s methodology, standards and tools to ensure that there is consistent application throughout the duration of the project.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Project Management certification is required.
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years managing projects and/or project portfolios.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in senior level management with overall responsibility and expertise in leading complex enterprise-wide project change management initiatives
- Superior collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Must be accountable for on-time, within budget and quality delivery of all IT projects/programs. Ability to direct and mentor a team of program managers, project managers, portfolio managers and/or other project management staff
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For further information regarding the opportunity, please contact:
Vice President, People Services
Work phone: 604-323-5620
Closing Date: August 4, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.