Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.4 FTE)
Dates: As soon as possible to December 23, 2019
The Community Health Nurse will provide assessment, diagnosis, intervention, teaching and referral services to students and staff at Langara College in collaboration with physicians. Provides Occupational First Aid to staff, students and the visiting public.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, with at least 2 years experience as a community health nurse OR equivalent education and experience.
- Certificate of current registration as a practicing member of the CRNBC.
- Current Occupational First Aid certificate, Level 1 required.
- Experience and skills adequate to perform delegated medical functions.
- Experience in community development and health promotion strategies is an asset.
- Knowledge of multi-cultural health practices, principles of health education/promotion and community resources as well as good interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a team member with the other members of the department are required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to act independently within the framework of the departmental regulations and clinical guidelines and standards of nursing practice in assessing situations, providing care and using referral services.
- Ability to provide physical, psychological and educationally supportive care and counselling.
- A broad range of physical assessment skills with a specialized knowledge of sexual health, women’s health and first aid.
- Ability to maintain current first aid certification, and knowledge of relevant medical research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals etc.
- Ability to effectively deal with and provide information, assistance and related services to the public, staff and students in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Salary Range: $31.96 - $41.96 Hourly (BCNU Salary Scale)
Employee Group: BCNU
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: O008-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on December 6, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.