Temporary, On- Call
Dates: As soon as possible until September 30, 2017, with the possibility of extension
The Community Health Nurse will provide assessment, diagnosis, intervention, teaching and referral services to students and staff at Langara College in collaboration with physicians. Provides Occupational First Aid to staff, students and the visiting public.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, with at least 2 years experience as a community health nurse OR equivalent education and experience.
- Certificate of current registration as a practicing member of the CRNBC.
- Current Occupational First Aid certificate, Level 1 required.
- Experience and skills adequate to perform delegated medical functions.
- Experience in community development and health promotion strategies is an asset.
- Knowledge of multi-cultural health practices, principles of health education/promotion and community resources
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a team member with the other members of the department are required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to act independently within the framework of the departmental regulations, clinical guidelines and standards of nursing practice
- A broad range of physical assessment skills with a specialized knowledge of sexual health, womens health and first aid.
- Ability to maintain current first aid certification
- Maintain professional competence by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings as appropriate.
Salary Range: $31.25 - $40.85 hourly (BCNU Salary Scale)
Employee Group: BCNU
Hours & Days of Work: Approximately 14 - 35 hours of work per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday, however, hours will vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: August 4, 2017
Competition No.: B001-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.