Job Title: Instructors, Computing Science and Information Systems
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time and Part Time Work available, please see description below.
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Computing Science and Information Systems
Description of Position:
The department is seeking candidates who will complement our department’s offerings and take an active role in delivering first and second year University Transfer courses to both domestic and international students. The department offers the following 1 and 2 year programs:
- Associate of Science degree in Computer Science or in Bioinformatics
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Internet and Web Technology Certificate
We are specifically seeking instructors who are capable of teaching one or more of the following courses:
- CPSC 1030: Web Development I
- CPSC 1045: Introduction to Web Programming
- CPSC 1050: Introduction to Computer Science
- CPSC 1150: Program Design
- CPSC 1160: Algorithms and Data Structures I
- CPSC 1181: Object-Oriented Computing
- CPSC 2280: Operating Systems
- CPSC 2301: Software Engineering
Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
Full-time work is considered 3 sections per semester (108 students total). Significant resources are invested in instructional support. Opportunities for scholarly activity also exist.
- Master Degree in Computing Science or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability and willingness to contribute to departmental initiatives
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience is an asset
- Previous industry experience is an asset
- Bioinformatics education or experience is highly desirable
Length of appointment: 4 months (September 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017). Successful candidates may also have their appointments extended into subsequent semesters.
Start Date: August 1, 2017
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume, cover letter and a statement of teaching philosophy, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F038-17
Deadline: June 30, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.