Job Title: Instructors, Computing Science and Information Systems
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time and Part Time Work available, please see description below.
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Computing Science and Information Systems
Description of Position:
The department is seeking candidates who will complement our department’s offerings and take an active role in delivering first and second year University Transfer courses to both domestic and international students. The department offers and supports the following 1 and 2 year programs:
- Associate of Science degrees in Computer Science or in Bioinformatics
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Internet and Web Technology Certificate
- Citation in Full Stack Web Development
- Post-Degree Diploma in Data Analytics
We are specifically seeking two instructors who are capable of teaching one or more of the following courses:
- CPSC 1030: Web Development I
- CPSC 1045: Introduction to Web Programming
- CPSC 2030: Web Development II
- CPSC 2130: Multimedia and Animation
- CPSC 1050: Introduction to Computer Science
- CPSC 1150: Program Design
- CPSC 1160: Algorithms and Data Structures I
- CPSC 1181: Object-Oriented Computing
- CPSC 1280: Unix Tools and Scripting
Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
Full-time work is considered 3 sections per semester (108 students total). Significant resources are invested in instructional support. Opportunities for scholarly activity also exist.
- Master Degree in Computing Science or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability and willingness to contribute to departmental initiatives
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience is an asset
- Previous industry experience is an asset
- Bioinformatics education or experience is highly desirable
Length of appointment: 4 months (September 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019). Successful candidates may also have their appointments extended into subsequent semesters.
Start Date: August 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume, cover letter and a statement of teaching philosophy, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F035-19
Deadline: June 28, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.