Job Title: Instructor, Sociology
Full Time/Part Time: Part time (2/4 FTE in Fall 2018)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Description of Position:
Two sections for Fall 2018. Course emphasis is on Introduction to Sociology, Social Problems, and related topics. Recent post-secondary instructional experience in specified subject areas is required.
Minimum Master’s degree in Sociology, Ph.D. in Sociology or related discipline preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Sociology and Anthropology Department, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College
Length of appointment: September 1 to December 31, 2018
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your Curriculum Vitae, names and contact information of professional references, and recent teaching evaluations, no later than 4:30pm on the closing date to
Competition No.: F025-18
Deadline: May 16, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.