Job Title: Instructor, Social Services
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time ¼ Workload
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Social Services
Description of Position:
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Social Services Department, teaching Social Service Methods I to students in the Social Service Worker Certificate program. The course is scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays 1330-1520 hrs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and delivery of curriculum.
- Evaluating student performance.
- Maintaining currency and striving for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensuring effective use of available class and lab time, and maintaining appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintaining collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Social Service Worker department, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College
- Attending meetings both internally in the College and externally in the community;
- Working within the context of the policies and procedures of Langara College, the Department of Social Services, and the British Columbia Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Social Work
- Eligible for Registration with the College of Social Workers of BC
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Social Work
- Minimum 5 years post-Masters experience in social work practice
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience in public post-secondary institution(s)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the range of interviewing skills used in social work practice
- Relevant involvement in the community
- Knowledge of community resources
- Computer literacy
Length of appointment: September 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F028-19
Deadline: June 3, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.